Every minute that you save in a busy day adds to productivity and boosts your bottom line. Streamline the time you spend on routine chores with these smart cleaning strategies:
- Store all supplies in one location and keep them portable.Fill a lightweight plastic basket or wheeled cart with dusting spray, glass cleaner, isopropyl alcohol, paper towels and microfiber wipes. (Click here to view our wide variety of cleaning tools & products.)
- Shine keyboards and monitors with disposable dusting cloths designed to pick up crumbs, dust and debris. Discourage desktop lunches and snack breaks.
- Designate a central closet for the office vacuum, but don’t bury it behind supplies. Keep it ready to roll for regular cleaning and emergency pick-up duties.
- Garbage patrol goes faster when you keep refill trash liners in the bottom of bins. Just pull out the full bag, pop in a fresh liner, and save extra steps to the supply closet.
- Disinfectant wipes come in handy on restroom counters and break room tables. Encourage employees to use them on doorknobs, faucets, fixtures, fridge handles and microwave controls.
- If you don’t use a cleaning service, designate and post routine duties, but let employees trade assignments. To keep things fair, rotate jobs on a regular basis. Using a checklist can help keeping everyone on top of all the important things you’d like to see taken care off.
Source: Service Master Restore| Commercial Cleaning Tips & Tricks: The Ultimate Guide | By: Diana Rodriguez-Zaba